National Scrapbooking Month

May is National Scrapbooking Month! To celebrate I decided to try a project I've wanted to do for a long time; a Star Book. I used a tutorial on splitcoaststampers (found here), that I modified to make work for me. I need to add pictures and embellishments to the inside but I'm happy with the way the book has turned out so far.

As you can see in the above picture the book gets its name from the shape it makes when you open it up completely and tie the front and back cover together. I only used 2 layers (close to cocoa and very vanilla), because I wanted the pages inside to be as large as possible, but I've seen it done with 3 as well. I adapted the tutorial and used 7 pieces of close to cocoa cut to 6" x 12" and 7 pieces of very vanilla cut to 6" x 10". I was suprised how quickly the book went together and I hope the inside pages go together just as quick, (I'll post them later when I get them finished).

No comments: